Thursday, July 24, 2008

Got sleep?...No seriously

Ansley and I have been trying our best to get into a routine. We have been doing pretty good...but I do have to say...this is nothing like I thought it would be. It is much harder than I had expected. I have a new respect for sleep. I think back to when I was pregnant and remember all the people that told me to sleep as much as possible...and I didn't listen...man was I an idiot! I was such a deep sleeper before I had Ansley and I never thought I would be able to survive off of the little sleep I have been getting. I am kind of proud of myself because I was really worried I would not be able to hear her and that I would not be able to get up to take care of her in the early hours of the morning. I thought Mike would be the one to get up with her since he is the early riser and I am the night owl. Overall though...she does great during the day taking her naps...but come 2am...she is wide awake. Our usual "play time" is anywhere between 2am and 6am...so I ask again...got sleep? cause I sure could use some. I know that it will get better and I am looking forward to that time but for now...I guess I will just endure our "play time".

No comments: