Monday, July 21, 2008

Stupid, stupid incubator




Since Ansley was almost a month early and weighed only 5 pounds and 2 ounces... she had to be monitored and was put in an incubator. She was not allowed to come out until her temperature was regulated. We could not hold her or even touch her at first. It was very difficult to sit there and watch her and not be able to hold and love on her. The nurses had to feed her and they were the only ones allowed to touch her. It was the saddest thing and I hated every minute of it. Once I was upstairs in my room...I was able to call the nursery and they brought her down to my room...but I was still not able to get her out. At 11:30pm Monday night...I was finally allowed to hold her and she was able to stay out of that stupid, stupid incubator.

No comments: